Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Crafts

My friend Annie's husband (and Joel's best friend) Jason's birthday was earlier this month. I have been feeling crafty lately so I made him some coasters for his man cave! 
They didn't come out as well as I wanted them to but I still like them. 

I took square pieces of wood and stained them dark brown. Most of my supplies are above. I used the sandpaper to sand the edges of the wood smooth. 


Here is the finished product. I used bottle tops. Also I used hot glue to get them to stick. If you do this, be careful because I burnt my fingers many many times! 
I covered the whole thing with Mod Podge. I would probably recommend using something different. There were a lot of air bubbles using this. 

But they are pretty cool! And fairly easy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment